Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pregnancy

Thanks to Meredith at A Spot in Time Photography
I loved being pregnant. Sure, there were the annoying bits...morning sickness, heart burn, fatigue, hemmorhoids, restless legs, swollen feet, insomnia, etc., but for the most part I loved it. Maybe it's because I had lost my previous pregnancy and so I enjoyed the outward signs of a healthy baby, maybe it was because it gave me an excuse to eat what I craved. I loved watching my belly enlarge. I even wore a bikini which I would've never worn before pregnancy and won't wear again until I'm pregnant again! I figured that I had an excuse to have a big belly so why not let it hang out?

I loved feeling Evangeline growing and moving inside of me. Boy could she kick! I joked that we would call her Jean Claude if she were a boy. Lucky for her she's not a boy and I don't know any female kick boxers.
About 2 weeks before my due date I was done with the pregnancy thing. I felt like a whale and my feet were swollen. In the end we both survived pregnancy and she has a belly button to show for it and I have the stretch marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment